12.11.14

The Last Written Post


Fall for me is a time to be nostalgic and find old favorite books, or reopen your journal that at the beginning of the year you promised to write more in.  

I found one journal (of a few) that I once pass every week to a friend to share about what we had done that week. I look at the last few times I had written in it, and found it had been two years since I had written in it, and even longer since I had given it to my friend.  

I started to write in it for old time sake, and then realized it needed to be my blog post! 

I don't know if I'm just nostalgic or what, but I still keep this book on my shelf.  I looked at my last two intros, horrible spelling, (my hand writing still sucks though).  I'm laughing at the fact that my last two intros were 3-23-12 and 12-29-11!  So much time has passed since the old days!  

It hit me the other day that in like three and half months I'm going to be seventeen!  It feels so wrong, like I've just gotten comfortable in sixteen and I have to change skin again!  But hey three and half months is kinda a long time, I mean its one fourth of the year, sixteen weeks (please laugh that the irony of leaving sixteen in sixteen weeks), and that's hundred and twelve days.  

It sounds a little longer till I have to change.  But the more I think about it it's really not that long, the days keep whipping by, dragging the weeks with them.  I barley remember October, and half of November is already gone! 

Is this what growing up is like?  Is being an adult full of just trying to remembered what happened the other day?

I've always avoided having a bucket list like tons of other teens, a bucket list that I won't ever come close to finishing. I've slowly realized having goals and a time set lets you have something to press to and is good. But in the end life boils down to enjoying the simple things, and the quite moments.

So for now I'm going to quite blogging (Not that I was that much of a blogger, but less good at it!) I'm going to leave the blog up, let the last scheduled posts run through, and go enjoy some simple moments.  And maybe one day I'll come back, brush the blog off, and have something more to say on life, and the adventures of growing up.

But till that fateful day happens, a little advice

WRITE down your goals
GO outside
ENJOY simple things
SMILE at a stranger
LOOK for adventure
EAT your veggies
SEE your own beauty
WANT less
GIVE more
WORK hard
FIND your sense of humor
DRINK more water
CREATE something
MAKE a new friend

Thank you to all of you that have read this wreck of a blog.  
Love you all in Christ
Joannah Zimmerman

(Heres a picture of that advice so you can make it a wall pager or something! :D)  
(I've wanted to delete this blog so many times for the three something years I've had it, and I want to thank Johanna (my best friend/sister) for inspiring me so much to keep going!  The blog would never have happened with out her, and I would have deleted it so many times!  I've matured so much because of her, and I'm so happy I know that amazing, talented, skilled, sweet woman, with so many amazing ideas for Gods glory!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what everyone thinks, so write me a comment or two.